Unit 71: Assignment 2

Unit 71: Assignment 2

Object-Oriented Modelling

Object-Oriented Modelling is a construction of code in a way that it makes things happen depending on the order of the code and the properties it has. In our game I have used Object-Oriented Modelling in several different ways with the coding in my game, I have done this so that I can improve on my game by adding things that real games would have (e.g. Health bar, enemy AI).

Unreal

The coding in Unreal is used by connecting pieces of code which helps the user modify the game to have more depth to it. Whenever there is an error in the code the engine will label the piece of code that is causing the error so you know what to change.

The coding that I used in Unreal was the visual appearance and not the lines of code because of how the visual makes it easier to see and connect the code.

I put in a health bar the filled up as the game was playing, I did this by putting in several pieces of code into Unreal. This code not only put a health bar on the screen but the health bar began to fill up as time went on. I was able to do this because of Wayne's tutorials, because of Wayne's tutorial I was able to do this easily.
I put code in the game that allows the AI to move, I did this by putting code into Unreal. This code made it so that the AI characters would follow me around as best as they could. I then added AI that would move to certain places on the map. The reason I did this is so that I can have enemies be able to target the player and so that the enemies can simulate being on patrol. I was able to do this because of Wayne's tutorials, because of Wayne's tutorial I was able to do this easily.
I put code in the game that sets the colour, range and brightness of the lights in the game. This code sets the parameters of the lights. The reason I did this was so that I could alter the lights in a way that I want. I was able to find out about this code because of my own research.
I put code in the game that turns on the lights when I get into a room. The reason I did this was so that the game has less of a frame rate issue because of how much is going on in the level and how many polygons and textures are on the level. I was able to find out about this code because of my own research.
I put code in the game that sets up my characters hit box. The reason I did this was so that I was able to take damage from enemies by setting up an area on the player which if the enemy hits causes the player to take damage. I was able to find out about this code because of my own research.
I put in code in the game that makes it so that if the enemies attack the player it will remove health from their health bar. The reason I did this is was so that I could make the actor that the player controls will take damage from enemies. This code can be reused and altered so this can be used on the enemy actors. I was able to find out about this code because of my own research.
I put in code in the game that makes it so the player is destroyed after the player loses all of his health. The reason I did this was so that I could make the player die after the actor takes too much damage. I was able to find out about this code because of my own research.

Gamemaker

The coding in Gamemaker is used by writing in lines of code and setting them up in a way that achieves the desired results, if there is an error in the code the system will tell you where the error is in the code.
In Gamemaker, I put in code that allows the character to jump, how fast the character falls due to gravity and I set the sprites of the character facing both left and right in the air. The reason I did this is because I needed to make the character be able to fall back down after jumping and I needed to set the sprites so the animation was good. I was able to find out about this code because of my own research.

When I compared Gamemaker to Unreal I found that I preferred Unreal because of how the coding has a visual that shows the coding in a way another way I prefer Unreal to Gamemaker because in Gamemaker you have to very precise with the coding since you have to write up the code and the code only works if everything is put into a specific way. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unit 6 - Assignment 2 - Task 2 P4 Analysis of a computer game

Unit 66/67 Creating a 3D modelling

Unit 71: Object-Oriented Design for Computer Games